Sunday, March 8, 2015

Week 21 Forget the Pasties... Go for Falsies!

No, pasties weren't really on the table.  That wouldn't have been very pretty when I was in my 20's so defo not something I would do now!!  
False eyelashes though... now that sounded interesting!  I am lucky that I have fairly good lashes. Dark and lots of them. 

 My first attempt was on Friday night. I had a friends 40th birthday celebration in Philadelphia.  I thought it the perfect time to unveil the lashes!  So the experience went something like this... - Watch 3 youtube 'how to' videos.
- Trim lashes,
- 4-5 attempts to put it on the first eye... with tweezers and without , not much luck ...lots of white glue showing (if you wait long enough it does dry).

I finally got one eye done and liked it, but then I needed to match it on the other side! That means, the same starting and ending points and the same distance away from the lashes.  Not easy at first but with some practice I am sure it becomes so.


Pretty results.  I will say that you have to use fairly thick liner though to hide the seam of the lashes, so if you aren't a big makeup wearer this probably isn't for you, or have them done professionally.  I should have saved the url for this video I watched and gave her a shout out but I forgot.  I tried to find her again on Youtube but I couldn't... 
(eek I cant believe I am posting a video of me without makeup AND all of these close up shots! haha Thinking that might be a first too!)





 Saturday night I had another party so I decided to put them on again! No one noticed this time either lol.  It wasn't any easier the second time, but it was still very fun to wear them.  If I do it again I will choose longer thicker lashes.  Also this makes me think I should try extensions! Found a blog that suggested dying your lashes as an option... ( http://loveswah.com/2015/02/beauty-tips-before-you-travel/ )Might have to do that over the summer! #falseeyelashes #lashes


















3 comments:

  1. You are a very beautiful woman dear Helene, the false eyelashes look great.
    Have a fun week!
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. I'm not an expert on eyelashes, or makeup for that matter. But if I looked as good as you without makeup, I wouldn't bother with either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered "what are pasties?" So then I googled. Oh my!

    What is up with people not noticing?? All that work! Well at least you got a blog post out of it, gorgeous Helene.

    ReplyDelete