Thursday, October 24, 2013

Beginning the Kick Ass Year

I had a lovely day yesterday.  I can honestly say it is because I decided to be happy.  It wasnt really special... I did get coffee in the morning and flowers from my spouse, that was nice. I spent the day working on the computer, cleaning the kitchen and going to classes.  I had a lovely evening celebrating with friends at a swanky local bar.  Some fun little gifts and a lot of laughs.  Really nice way to spend my birthday.  All of my kids remembered to call and my 'father', surprisingly even sent an email with no subject... just the words 'Happy Birthday' in the message.  Thats a bit of a long complicated story that will have to hold for another day... but I didn't let it bother me, I just sent back a 'TY =] ' and let it go.

I am hoping that this blog will be an outlet for me.  A place to recount my successes and challenges this year.  Where I can keep myself focused on the task of being the best version of myself by my next birthday... its a whopper of a birthday and I want to face it standing up strong and tall... not worried that I dont look the best or that I havent discovered what I want to be when I grow up!  I want to spend this year figuring out whats next!  I have had a wild ride in life.  It started off bumpy but through determination I have met or exceeded most of my goals in life.  I need to set new ones now for the next chapter.  There have been manyyyyy mistakes made along the way, but if I am honest, they were some of the most eye opening things I ever did.  Sometimes when we fall from grace it gives us the reason to reflect and redirect.  Again its all about choosing to see it that way.  They werent failures, they were awakenings!

I leave you with this link... Mark Twain apparently had these suggestions.  None earth shattering but all sound advice for us to remember and embrace. Happy Thursday! =]  I wanted to post something about positive thinking and choosing to be happy... but couldnt find it and I have to be on the road in 30 mins! lol sooooo this is what ya get! =p x

Mark Twains-Top-9-Tips-Living-Kick-Ass-Life

No comments:

Post a Comment