Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me

Happy Birthday!
Fire department is on alert for this evening when I light my candles.  I expected it to really affect me this year since its the 'one before the biggie'!  I suppose each decade has a biggie...  I really hated my 30's so 40 was actually a welcome change.  My 40's saw the loss of way too many loved ones but also a lot of personal growth and self awareness. Some for good reasons, some for bad.

I am, for the first time in 20 years, an empty nester again.  I gave up having a career so I could stay at home with the kids (20, 19 & 19... yes twins).  All 3 of my cherubs are at university and I am left to reinvent myself.  Decide what it is I want to do when I grow up.  All the while, keeping my family happy and spouse from worrying that I have lost the plot (as I have done in the past lol).

I will probably edit this later, but wanted to be sure to start a new blog on the first day of my self proclaimed year of transition.  I have been "39 again" for a lot of years now, it might be the time to bite the bullet and declare myself, a more realistic, 40.  Whatcha think? =p  Ok whos fooling who? I will be 39 until I defo cant pass for it then I am going right to 80!  80 so that people gasp when I tell them how old I am and say OMG you dont look a day over *cough* 40!

Happy Birthday to me! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment