Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving/Holiday Season Rant

I try to follow the moto that "The family that plays together, stays together." There was NO play in my family growing up, so I want to make sure that my kids enjoy their time with me and want to spend their soon to be valuable and scarce holiday time with me.  



I love Thanksgiving because its about being thankful (for friends... family... health... and even distance haha). Its Xmas and even Hanukkah (a sort of purposefully made to be materialistic holiday)I dislike the most. All this hype and spending under the pretense of religion when there is very very little religious about the season for 90% of the people. Bah Hum Bug! haha
I saw this posted on Facebook. It always gets touchy this time of year...I agree with this pic but in reverse. If I am Jewish tell me Happy Hanukkah, If I am Christian then wish me Merry Christmas and if I celebrate Kwanza then bid me a joyous Kwanza holiday... but If I dont celebrate something why would you tell me to enjoy Ramadan, or happy Holi/ Dhuleti to me just because you celebrate it? I do not view it as a political issue or some right being taken away. If you care to say something nice to me, for my benefit, then know me well enough to know what I celebrate. If you dont, dont think that wishing me your holiday greeting, that I dont celebrate, is saying something nice to me. We live in a multicultural world now. There might have been a days when we didnt but like it or not, the world has blended and changed. I for one, believe that there is no way 'God' could have just one religion. The world is made up of lots of wonderful people believing with diverse religious views. I think we often forget that these are religious holidays and everyones beliefs are different. So, spread joy, peace and love this holiday season. Celebrate your holidays to the fullest and may the spirit of the season, whatever you celebrate, be upon you. #holidayseasonrant #sayinghappyholidays



No comments:

Post a Comment