Monday, December 1, 2014

Week 9 - Poker Tournament with World Champions and As Seen on TV

Our Annual Texas Holdem Tournament was held at our house again Monday.  Approximately 60 (7 tables) people including special guests!  Professionals Annie D uke, Eric B rooks and another poker champion gold bracelet winner joined this year.  

Usually this is a male only event but since there would be a female player (Annie), a handful of women from the league I play in were also invited. 


 My son and I had the honor of playing with both Annie and Eric at the first table!  Last year Annie was the Tournament champion (Yes I was realllyyyyy nervous!).  This year she was probably just being gracious in returning the champion trophy and didnt win (not to mention she was sick with a lousy cough).  In any event it was a really fun evening.  By the first merge, our table knocked out both Annie and Eric.  In the end I was the longest standing female, top 13th.  Top 9 were paid with the winner taking home 1K!  Playing with and even just watching a professional player is interesting! They were helpful with tips, fast to correct and overall really lovely to play with the lot of us!  Speaking of tips...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxBZxUSLTso  Annie's Top 5 Poker Tells!
Also on my list of firsts this year an As Seen on TV gizmo! "Veggetti "I will post a video asap but I will say that I dont think it was worth the money.( $9.95 at Ross so thats really discounted).  It didnt work with parsnips.  Worked well with zucchini but I cant see it working well with many other veggies. I will give it a go again soon. My hope was to use it to make veggie pasta for sauce.  Ohh and snow for Thanksgiving!!  I didnt host this year.  We spent it in Maryland with family. My nephew announced he was getting married and that he and his gf were expecting in July '15!  It will be so nice to have a baby in the family again and my first nephew getting hitched!
#veggitti #pokertournament #thanksgiving #babies

1 comment:

  1. Poker? I always thought Texas Holdem was something you had the authorities do when Texans were attempting to leave Texas.

    ReplyDelete