Saturday, December 13, 2014

Week 10 - New Places - Bonita Springs/Naples

 Bonita Springs Girls Weekend for my Birthday
I am late in writing my post for this week.  Its been busy busy busy! I went with 3 of my favorite people to celebrate my birthday. One of my friends has a house in BS so we stayed there.  It was great!  Weather was 80 and mostly sunny.

Karen and I went down a day earlier so we spent Thurs exploring the area, grocery shopping for the weekend and then saw a beautiful sunset over the water.  There is about an hour difference in sunset time from PA to Southern FL.  I figured it would have been a little different but not a full hour more daylight. (One more reason to move to Florida! haha)Thurs night we went to Pub Night at the Clubhouse where we were staying and met some nice people. Most of them were well older than we are.  We felt like young whippersnappers ( Wondering... exactly what is a "Whippersnapper"??)
Friday we drove to Sanibel Island and spent the day on the beach. Its natural and wow were the people friendly. Even my British traveling companion was forced to talk to strangers! haha (She always makes fun of me, saying that I will talk to anyone... )



Friday night the other 2 of our friends arrived.  Sat we shopped, ate at a great restaurant called AZN in the Mercado section of Naples.  We saw the sunset at The Turtle Club in Naples.  On the way home we crashed a Christmas party and danced a ton! Great fun. =] 

I didnt love Sanibel, but I think Naples is a place I could live or spend winters! =]  I loved the area.   (Loads of restaurants and shops just steps from the beach!  People of all ages too...)  Now to get my spouse to agree on that! haha  I dont think it will happen.  #whippersnapper #naples #Girlsweekend

whippersnapper

1

nsomeone who is unimportant but cheeky and presumptuous

Synonyms:
jackanapeslightweight

1 comment:

  1. The beach and the sunsets look amazing, glad you celebrated your birthday in a fun way.
    Happy Birthday dear Helene!
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete