Saturday, December 13, 2014

Week 11 - Christmas Songs and Epiphanies


Last week I had an epiphany.

I have been rushing around trying to make firsts happen when in fact, they are all around us each and every day!   It was pointed out to me that technically trying a new shampoo (Yes I found one that will change your life!!!) DOES count as a first.  New foods, even striking up a conversation with a stranger is a first.

The issue I have with using these as my weekly first, is that they dont help me achieve my actual goal.  The reason I am doing this with the firsts, is, in part, to prove to myself and others that at any age, you can have new experiences, adventure, growth, learning and LIVE! Age is not just a frame of mind.  Old is old (wow that was profound! haha) You can give in and acquiesce to being old orrrr you can jump in and swim like Michael Phelps until the current takes you away!  There is always time for growth, reflection and new experiences. My belief is that its when you stop trying, when you stop moving through the pain and going out of your comfort zone, you step closer and closer to death. That is just me though and I know there are people out there that will read this and think I am out of my head.  Maybe... but its my blog and my life... so I can be :).


Sooo back to my first for the week!  I was asked to participate in an international rendition of a classic Christmas song.  10 people from all over the world, each have a part.  Out of my comfort zone for sure!!  I used to be a pretty good singer.  Loads of solos at school functions, chorus and even sang with a band for a spell for fun... phew... those days are gone! Yikes I suckkkk now! haha  So I am supposed to sing the 4 Calling Birds part of 10 Days of Christmas.
I have to redo it because I found out I have to sing it all the way back through the numbers... eek! lol  I will add in the finished video when it is complete! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment