Thursday, October 2, 2014

Week 1/Day 2 Schuylkill Boardwalk Trail



The Schuylkill River Trail extension runs over the Schuylkill River between Locust and South streets and officially opens on Thursday, Oct. 2.   Someone posted a link about it on Facebook and my day is flexible so why not!

My first stop was to pick up my daughter at Drexel University. We lunch met my girlfriend and ate at one of Steven Starr's restaurants called "Dandelion". Fabulous and so charming! 
 Annie and I went to explore the new boardwalk (which is actually concrete). 
The entrance off Locust St is bordered by the river on one side and a community garden, dog park and train line on the other, its urban living at its best.  

I love that at some point the entire east coast will be connected by trails! There is something to put on a Bucket List!


2 Firsts in one day! 

I had thought my day would revolve around contractors schedules but instead I had an adventure!   #firstsinphilly

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/things_to_do/Schuylkill-Banks-Boardwalk-welcomes-community-for-opening-week.html

https://www.google.com/maps/place/39%C2%B057'01.0%22N+75%C2%B010'52.5%22W/@39.9502773,-75.18125,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

3 comments: