Sunday, October 19, 2014

Week 3 Firsts - Coffee, Beer and Sleepovers

Thursday I had coffee with a neighborhood friend.  While that doesn't sound so unusual, it was actually 2 firsts wrapped into one! 

New coffee house in my town called HubBub.  I had no idea it was such a big deal but its actually ranked in the 10 hottest coffee shops in Philly this year.  http://www.zagat.com/b/philadelphia/10-hottest-coffee-shops-in-philadelphia#5

If I am honest, I ordered a 1/2 caff and it wasn't great.   I will go back and give high test a try though because I liked the vibe of the place.  Ok, so I digressed... I met a woman I have casually known for years.  At a party recently, I mentioned having coffee sometime and she followed up.  We spent 2+ hours chatting. =]  Turns out we have a lot in common.  She is an author and blogger as well.  #hubbub #growingfriendships



Skip forward to Saturday Night (I now have that song S A T U R D A Y NIGHT by the Bay City Rollers in my head ugggg)  We were virgins joining the 5th Annual Nonantum Mills & Friends Main Street Bar Crawl.  Turns out it was Univ of Delaware's Homecoming as well!  I dont believe I have been back for a homecoming in over 20 yrs so even that counts as a first! =] Interesting how times have changed yet remained the same... 

Fanny packs are now called 'hip satchels' (and still not cool but cool-er), 'cheeky shorts or skimpy sundresses and boots the attire for girls and beanie hats on guys (which I must add was kinda hot!).  I got hit on by a very nice girl and lost my sunglasses. Eventful evening haha. We spent the night with some old college friends and had such fun recapping in the morning. I need to dry out now and get ready for, as my friend Dwayne calls it, my big 39th birthday Thurs!  #barcrawl 

No comments:

Post a Comment