Friday, October 10, 2014

Week 2 First: Mahjong and New Watering Holes

Ok so I have to update my side item list of Lessons Learned to include
"#shit happens"!  Class was supposed to begin this week but was postponed, so my planned 'first' for the week was kiboshed!   Good lesson though, I better have back up items for when this happens in the future!  


I came up with 2 new ideas today.  Both of which while came to me while I was playing Paddle Tennis.  lol  1. Learn a new skill and 2. Learn a new game.  To that avail I am going to learn Mahjong!  I have been talking to a friend about playing and well today I am making it happen! 


I ordered this game from Amazon (because I cant seem to find my mothers set from 900 years and 12+relocations ago). Thanks to Wiki and Online games I will soon know what building a wall, breaking a wall and melded plugs are all about! haha  Live game set up with my friend Stephanie and others for 10/28! 

I started with Pogo.com. I learned how to play bridge there a few years back.  They only had American fluffy versions of the Mahjong game though.( 'Garden Mahjong', 'Solitare Mahjong' etc).  Not what I was looking for, so I went onto Youtube to see what I could find.  I ended up at http://mahjongtime.com/  and I think I have the hang of it! I wouldnt say I conquered it but I won against the computers a couple of times so I am on my way! I will play more this weekend too! 


Another first happening Sat too but I was nervous about it being this far in the week without doing something! Post note: Saturday my wonderful friends and oldest son planned an evening out. Their sons were designated drivers so it was like we had limousines.  We went to a few charming old inns for drinks (http://www.dulingkurtz.com/  and http://www.shipinn.net/)then back to one of their homes for dinner and some beer pong (played with water, ping pong balls and solo cups)  and dancing. lol #learnMahjong #newplace

No comments:

Post a Comment