Friday, September 5, 2014

Living Fully




The idea of living life fully is extremely personal.  I read a book by His Eminence Shyalpa Tenzin Rinpoche which, " reveals timeless wisdom that can help us fulfill this deepest aspiration. Each succinct teaching is a luminous jewel, an invaluable guide to actualizing our innate potential and breathing with joy and ease."   Interesting but it didnt touch me the way I had hoped.  This website however, livinglifefully.com did.  It is full of quotations and biographical information from impressive people.  People like the Dalai LamaAnne FrankAlbert EinsteinMaya Angelou and even Andy Rooney. People from different walks of life with some solid advice and thoughts.

"The worst curse to befall anyone is stagnation, a banal existence,
the quiet desperation that comes out of a need for conformity. "Deepak Chopra


"Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have
no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively;unless you can choose a challenge instead of competence." &

"In the long run we shape our lives and we shape ourselves. 
The process never ends until we die.And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility." Eleanor Roosevelt


I understand that the journey I am embarking on is selfish. ' I ' centric and all that.  The thing is, its my life and from what I know, I only get one go around.  I can wait around for something to happen or I can move forth and conquer. I have a need to see the world, do as many things as I am able and touch as many lives as I can.  Not everyone has this burning need that I do but that doesn't make it wrong.  It's just different.  Or maybe its not even all that different... I am just talking about it. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dj this post brought to mind my ex-boss. He's always filled his days with interesting and new adventures. He'll try anything and if he likes it, he'll keep at it. E.g. he loves music but can't sing, so he joined a 'feral choir' where you don't need a good singing voice, just a love of music and making it with others. He's interested in everything and everyone, which of course makes him a fascinating person in himself.

    Sadly he was diagnosed with terminal cancer a couple of weeks ago and hasn't long left. At age 56 I think he can be proud that he's achieved more, done more, felt more, experienced more and inspired more than most people could achieve in several lifetimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say that its a fear of mine. Finding out at a young age that my time is limited then having regrets. My motives arent as altruistic as trying to 'live my life to the fullest' but that is a great biproduct of this adventure! I am doing it more to literally give me something positive to plan and look forward to at a time when I am feeling a bit low and like I am on the down side of the bell curve. I hope your friend doesnt suffer much and has no regrets. I imagine he would be really touched reading how highly you regarded him. =] ((hugs))

      Delete