Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Thoughts on Blogging and Gaming

Its been years since I first started to blog. At least 10 probably closer to 12.  I began blogging when my mother was diagnosed with cancer.  It was a creative outlet and really therapeutic to put into writing what was clouding my brain.   I began with an alias of 'Kate' because I had no idea of who would be reading, what the social implications were and how it all worked.  The name stuck.  Funny, for a girl who never had a nickname growing up, as an adult I have been Kate and DJ (for my gaming name DenimJeans). To this day there are people who still call me Kate and DJ.

In both arenas I found life long friends.  I have met bloggers and also Runescape gamers, their friends and family, in real life.  It has literally given me the window to touch and see the world.
To me, its been priceless.  I understand that to others it's just flat out weird, but that is why there is vanilla and chocolate!  Its my shtic.

I gave up Blogging for a while and now I am back.  I have also given up RS for a while but go back now and then and always think about going back...  Facebook seems to have replaced blogging for many people.  Its a community of mostly known people though.  There is something appealing about online forums where it is about what you write and what you think/feel that connects you with people.  Sure there are nuts out there, but my view is that there are nuts everywhere.  You can generally tell in real life as you can virtually. #blogginggaming #fblink

Anyone use https://ifttt.com to link stuff? I tried to set it up but its not triggering =/

3 comments:

  1. Foam has left a new comment on your post "Thoughts on Blogging and Gaming":

    Yeah, I know what you mean about your 'name'. I never thought I'd be a foam.. :-)
    You are one of the treasures I did meet in cyberspace, Kate.

    (not sure what happened to this comment but I might have hit the wrong button and it was erased. Sorry Dianna! =])

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!!!!!!! you are back!
    yay. please say hello to Cora for me. funny I just exchanged notes with Roselle (luxie) via email a few days ago. I have kind of lost my sense of blogging community, possibly because I may have lost myself for a while. But I am slowly finding my way back. Glad to reconnect.

    ~chesca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my comment was just lost. Hi Helene it was lovely to see your comment at my blog, thank you for stopping by, it is good to see that you are still around.
    I am sorry that you have lost your other blog, mine mysteriously disappeared for a short while but I was able to recover it with the help of Blogger and some passwords.
    I am having a little break at the moment, re-assessing my life, a new beginning?, looking for some inspiration which I haven't found, nothing that will unlock my creative feelings and let the words flow...perhaps in time.
    I am pleased that you enjoyed that wonderful quote I posted and it was a great film which I thoroughly enjoyed.
    Take care
    Dianne xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete