Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Out on a Limb

In reality, I should feel no different today, but 
 I am embarking on a new adventure and I do feel different!

It really is amazing what this idea has done for my outlook on this year. 
With the exception of turning 25, I never had an issue with my age until now. 
This year the number is daunting.  I think because I have considered myself '39 again'
for so long, I am in shock that I can be so old! lol  

Tonight I was at Book Club and I reveled my actual age. One might think that it lightened my load, but in reality I felt sick to my stomach (it doesnt help that I am 10+ yrs older than lots of the women there and I only know a hand full of them well. )  I guess I feel exposed and different. Its been a while since I have felt a minority.  Tonight I was.  My religion, age and lifestyle all different.  Its not bad, and no one made any negative comments, they were lovely and interested... its all in my head I am sure... but it is still difficult to be out on a limb.  I need to live my life and forget my age... though this adventure I am on begs for a rationale. Perhaps I should come up with a good story instead of the truth! lol 




3 comments:

  1. Age, the number does not matter, it is how you feel, your outlook on life and last time I saw a photo of you on your old blog you looked fantastic.
    I don't tell people my age, it is irrelevant and has nothing to do with me as a person, I like to be accepted for who I am.
    When I began a new job quite a while back I was about 20 years older than the young people I was working with, old enough to be a parent to them, I felt terribly old. I soon settled in and was treated with respect and as one of them, I was invited to social events and I loved working with them. Ten years on I see some of them now and they are always happy to see me. Age is just a state of mind.
    hugs
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. The truth will set you free!
    Free to be experienced.
    Free to make mistakes.
    Free to know better than others.
    Free to back up without looking.
    (Age has its benefits)
    Keep enjoying your life of adventure and travel. Your enthusiasm for life will keep you looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say that if they can't see past the difference, you've got better book clubs to go to. I would hope, however, that they are wise enough to know the value of elderly (ducks).

    ReplyDelete